[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya and FT8 skimming

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun May 20 16:40:17 EDT 2018

At the Dayton Contest Forum, N4ZR said that Pavel Demin is working on a
standalone (?) FT8 app. for the Red Pitaya.

See:

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/sdr-transceiver-ft8/

But see also:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pitaya-notes/issues/629

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pitaya-notes/issues/689

Looks like a work in progress, and I think it uses the FPGA in the Red
Pitaya to do the FT8 encoding and decoding, which means it will not be able
to run at the same time as the "SDR Receiver compatible with HPSDR" app.
that we use for CW Skimmer Server, RTTY Skimmer Server, and CWSL_Tee.