[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer & Windows Driver Foundation

W3OA w3oa at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 27 10:01:54 EDT 2018

I'm running CW Skimmer, version 2.0 on a Windows 10 computer and seeing
very high CPU usage.  Task manager shows something called "Windows
Driver Foundation" starts generating usage similar to Skimmer while
Skimmer is running.

This only happens if Skimmer's waterfall display is running.  If I click
the Start/Stop Radio button to stop the waterfall display the CPU usage
for both Skimmer and Windows Driver Foundation drops to zero. When I
click again to start the waterfall display usage for both programs jumps
to about 20% each.

This may have just started after the recent Windows 10 update.

Any ideas on how to prevent Windows Driver Foundation from generating
such high CPU usage?

73 - Dick, W3OA