[Skimmertalk] Notching out FT8 frequencies to reduce CPU load of RTTYSkimServ

ko7ss at yahoo.com ko7ss at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 21:21:20 EDT 2018

Nice tip, Bob. I had the FT8 frequencies notched on
the contest bands, but had forgotten about 30M and
17M. Just now added these 2 notches, decoders went from
60 -> 10 and CPU 22% -> 15%. 30M FT8 is really busy!

I put in 30 hours in the WPX RTTY back in February
and almost zero spots were in the FT8 bands, at least
on the W6/7 skimmers. Which is good, since 20M RTTY
goes all the way up to 14150. Lots of room for everyone!

73, Bill KO7SS