[Skimmertalk] Adapting Skimmer Server for other frequency segments

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 14 13:42:51 EST 2018

To have Skimmer Server tune the radio to other segments than the default
bands, is it necessary to do more than add the frequencies to the
"CenterFreqs192" (or whichever) and "CWSegments" lines of the .ini file?
  Is there a limit to the number of segments that can be included (i.e.,
should I replace existing segments rather than appending new ones)?

I'm asking because I'm testing the "rtl_hpsdr" shim software and want to
add 2M, 432, etc. segments for the dongles to monitor.

I have been able to use rtl_hpsdr with the HDSDR application as well as
a homebrew Gnuradio flowgraph, but am having trouble with the Skimmer
Server.  From what I can tell, the Skimmer Server is not sending the
frequency information to the radio the way the other applications do,
and thus the dongles do not get set to the appropriate frequencies.

Thanks,
John