[Skimmertalk] Threads setting in SkimmerServer?

dd5xx at web.de dd5xx at web.de
Thu Feb 1 10:18:17 EST 2018

Hi John,

to be honest, not really. I set mine half of my available threads. In my case, CPU i7-920 has 4 cores, 8 threads. So I did choose 4 threads but I am pretty sure this is totally oversized. I guess even 1 thread would be absolute enough for the most cases.

If you are running multiband on a very sensitive antenna and receiving a lot of spots during a contest, I guess you should raise it. Just look at the status monitor "CPU Load" in CW Skimmer Server window. If you have high load, you should give CW Skimmer Server more threads to extend power calculation.

You certainly will get some more detailled answer from experienced users.

Good luck and 73
Saki, DD5XX