[Skimmertalk] Deaf QS1R

Andy KU7T ku7t at ku7t.org
Thu Dec 20 18:53:46 EST 2018

Hi,
I need some ideas. My QS1R died, something is dead in the RF path. I verified that all regulators produce the appropriate voltages. I also have small heatsinks on them, and a fan in the box. Its been running for years without any cooling, and a few months with my new cooling strategy.

When I run it for a day on 7 bands, I still do skim about a dozen stations, but its really deaf. I have eliminated any coax routing, have even tried to go directly into the BNC with a wire, and all its picking up a few birdies, that seem to come from the QS1R itself.

Ideas what to check?

Thanks and 73
Andy
KU7T