[Skimmertalk] RED PITAYA

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 9 13:09:12 EDT 2017

First, note that I manually installed the Red Pitaya application called
"SDR Receiver compatible with HPSDR" (not to be confused with HDSDR) by
unzipping the Zip file
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fy49wae6xwxa8a/AADWOFNaxjz30yUknNRhbBO1a/sdr/sdr_receiver_hpsdr-0.94-1672.zip>
directly into /opt/redpitaya/www/apps .

Any application that is installed, manually or automatically, but later
removed from the Application Marketplace <http://bazaar.redpitaya.com> of
"contributed applications," will end up being displayed as an icon on the
Red Pitaya home page instead of the Marketplace.

Note:  once an application is set to start automatically, by editing
/etc/rc.local, you do not have to use that icon, and you really should *not*
click on that icon if the receiver is already running.

Also, it seems that on Windows 10 systems, the Red Pitaya is discovered
automatically, by name, so you don't have to figure out the Red Pitaya's IP
address.  Just bookmark http://rp-f0xxxx.local (where xxxx=last 4 hex
characters of MAC address printed on the label) and your browser should
always find it, no matter what IP address is assigned.

This doesn't seem to work on older versions of Windows, just Windows 10.
And it may not work with all routers.