[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya 1:14 impedance transformator + SV1AFN pre-amplifier

DD5XX (Saki) dd5xx at web.de
Mon Oct 23 05:59:53 EDT 2017

Hi Lee,

the key point is "reliable" signal :) I have also some nearby local RBN
skimmer but after long-ranged research I found that their local QRM
level differs heavily. Some of them have really big gaps between
day/time (up to 10dB!), others up to 3-4dB. There is only one single RBN
I am aware of that replies with constant signal levels during a 24h
period. I can use such a node for "realiable" tests. The same applies to
some WSPR beacons out there, I did also detailled tests on that because
I was curious how high the local noise on some beacons is. On my own
testing station the local noise is noticeable, too. That's because I
live in the city with lots of man-made-noise. In the late hours where
man-made-noise are low, the SNR reports are much better of course. The
OM should always have in mind that the reports are "Signal-TO-NOISE"
ratio. That's exactly the reason why currently I am planning in
installing a CW-RBN/WSPR receiving node on a very good low-noise area
onto a tower, hopefully to get constantly SNR values.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Lee. Have a nice week and best 73

Saki, DD5XX

Vy 73s de DD5XX
Saki