[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya 1:14 impedance transformator + SV1AFN pre-amplifier

Martin Rath martin.rath at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 19:32:05 EDT 2017

Hi Saki,

I use Maki's J310 LNA in front of the red pitaya for 2 2 reasons:
1) additional gain. As per Maki himself the res pitaya requires an
additional 5-10 dB amplification.
2) to protect the inputs: less than 2 were after i got the RP a close by
lightning took out the AD8066 op amp. I did manage to replace don't want to
so that all too often: Singapore gets hit by major t-storms over 200 days
per year. Running a skimmer here is not always easy as i cannot always be
home to unplug the antennas. I would much rather have to replace a J310
than the AD8066 another time.

I'm happy with the performance. I'm still waiting for one 14:1 transformer
but it's already on the way.

73's Martin 9V1RM