[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya Input 2

DD5XX (Saki) dd5xx at web.de
Thu Oct 19 18:08:47 EDT 2017

Wes,

you need to execute "rw" command before you try editing the file. This
is because the filesystem is read-only in default state. Whenever you
want to make permanent changes, you need to enter "rw" in shell prompt
and THEN enter your "vi" command to edit the appropriate file.

Good luck and 73
Saki, DD5XX

Am 19.10.2017 um 23:54 schrieb Wes Cosand:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Wes Cosand <wes.cosand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The ability to assign Input 1 and Input 2 to different receivers would be
>> a significant advantage.  But I have forgotten what little Linux I was
>> supposed to have known.
>>
>> When I try to edit the line
>>
>> sdr-receiver-hpsdr 1 1 1 1 1 1 &
>>
>> to read
>>

>> sdr-receiver-hpsdr 1 2 1 1 1 1 &
>>
>> with the Nano editor I get an error: "Read Only File"
>> so I type
>>
>> cd /opt/redpitaya/www/apps/sdr_receiver_hpsdr
> chmod 777 start.sh
>
> and I get the response: changing permission of 'start.sh': Read-only file
> system
> and if I then type ls -l start.sh
> I find the permission remain unchanged.
>
> What stupid error am I making?