[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya set up with N6TV's instructions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 5 20:49:30 EDT 2017

Martin is right, there is no difference in CPU utilization (on the Red
Pitaya itself) when RTTY Skimming is enabled.

You can display the amount of CPU usage via the *top* command after logging
in to the Red Pitaya with PuTTY.  Skimming 6 bands x 192 kHz, it averages
around 41% CPU Utilization.  The *uptime* command will also display the
load averages for the past 1, 5, and 15m minute intervals:

00:44:36 up 15 days,  1:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.43, 0.41

(43%, 43%, and 41%).

The Red Pitaya has plenty of horsepower for 6 band Skimming.  Cooling is
always a good idea.

If you switch to 96 KHz skimming, the CPU utilization does go down somewhat.