[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya set up with N6TV's instructions

dd5xx at web.de dd5xx at web.de
Thu Oct 5 17:08:31 EDT 2017

Thanks for info Bob. I want to share my experience:

I used the aluminium case before and with the help of your script I monitored the temperature. I never exceeded 67° C even after long working periods (several hours!) and while running sdr_transceiver_hpsdr for the use of 6-band-CW-decode. I cannot explain why my RedPitaya was cooled down better than yours. One hour ago I did a test and replaced the aluminium case with the original RedPitaya plastic housing. Under this housing I installed a fan "SUNON MagLev DC5V ~0.55W". The fan sits exactly (!) above the FPGA heat sink, it fits perfect between FPGA heat sink and plastic housing. I want to emphasize, the cooling fan does not sit above/outside the plastic housing but directly on top of the FPGA heat sink. With this setup the maximum temperature achieved was 56° C. The temperature decreased about 10° C. I definitely will stay at this setup, the fan is doing a great job and I am quite happy.

Just wanted to share this information with you.

Best 73
Saki, DD5XX