[Skimmertalk] S9-C SDR CW Skimmer report

Dai NAGAKURA ndai at cameo.plala.or.jp
Sun Sep 4 10:04:13 EDT 2016

Dear members de JF2IWL

I compared QS1R and S9-C of RTTY SkimServ on Russian RTTY

Result
(by SH5 Contest analyzer from local Spots.txt, Includes DE stations).
Because of PC trouble ,data is from 03Z to the end (same 21 hours).

S9-C
http://59925.org/sh5/jf2iwl/2016/2016_russian_rtty_ww_contest_by_s9-c_sdr_jf2iwl_s/index.htm
805 stations total、22 countries captured.

QS1R
http://59925.org/sh5/jf2iwl/2016/2016_russian_rtty_ww_contest_by_qs1r_sdr_jf2iwl_s/index.htm
1768 statons total、44 country captured

On CW SkimServ, S9-C can capture same as QS1R
but on RTTY, it works not so good.

By this test , My S9-C test has finished

*** Conclusion ***

----Good point----
On CW SkimServ, S9-C shows good performance as QS1R.
It can run 8 bands x192kHz.simultaneously.
Bacon recepton is good (High speed responce)

Easy to handle,  It runs on Windows.
S9-C is in rugged chassis, has TCXO, cooling fan,
Gas-discharge tube input protection inside.

----Tender point----
About RTTY skimServ ,It still cannot show it's ability,
and Cannot run CW and RTTY simultaneously at the present day.
S9-C team says they will improve this point.

That's all .

This is formal specification of S9-C
http://ba4tb.qth.com/S9-C%20manual.pdf
If interested in S9-C, Contact Dale BA4TB

Again I say please note I am Not a S9-C sales person.
I am just a Ceramic Artist (Potter ).in JA.

Dai JF2IWL