[Skimmertalk] red pitaya, for real?

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Sep 1 10:32:42 EDT 2016

My cw skimmer server with the qs1r runs on an older intel core-2 quad core
at 2.3ghz with 8gb of ram and does just fine.  The extra memory isn't really
needed for the skimmer server as it rarely goes over 120mb of use.  The
whole win7x64 machine is also running my local version of the ar-cluster and
some other stuff and is usually under 3gb total use.  I normally run the
skimmer with 7 bands at 192khz but for big contests scale it back to 6 bands
or less depending on load.

My rtty skimmer with the red pitaya is on an i-7 3.6ghz 8 core with 8gb ram.
Again ram usage is not an issue, but when there are lots of decoders even
that cpu has to throttle back the rtty skimmer.  I normally run it at 6
bands at 96khz which pretty well covers most rtty activity in and out of
contests.  I haven't seen it in a big contest yet, probably the end of the
month we'll see how it does in cqww rtty.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373