[Skimmertalk] Non-internet access to the RBN

Matt Smith kg7vfy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:11:26 EDT 2016

Thank you for the responses. Aside from the software integration component I wish to keep this an amateur radio-only solution so sat phone is cheating! I’ll get the telnet parsing worked out first then re-read part 97 to understand what I’m allowed to do telecommand, auxiliary, beacon-wise. Whatever the exact solution I’ll have some computer-connected radio at home to watch for my spots and transmit them back out so I can receive at my remote location.

Thanks again for the input. I’ll report back when I have proof of concept worked out.

73, Matt, AF7TI