[Skimmertalk] SLOW skimmer after Windows re-install

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 05:15:45 EDT 2016

Still working on it on the PC with Windows 10 (CWS on the laptop with Win
7).  I need some advice on the drivers that may contribute to the problem I
have previously described.  When there  is lag visible in the CWS waterfall
(slows down for a second and then resumes normal speed for a few more
seconds) which drivers would you focus on ?  I have  have done a basic
driver review  and all audio and video drivers are reported as "up to
date". However, I can't find any drivers specifics to MME or WDM.  Also, is
it likely that the culprit is indeed the audio drivers or are video drivers
a likely cause of the drag in my waterfall ?  The video drivers are also
 reported as up to date.  I'm tempted to again re-install Windows to see if
I can get it back to where CWS worked well on this PC with same OS, but
afraid that since the problems started after a Windows re-install, I might
get the same results after all that trouble.

Andy K3UK