[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer Telnet command to set sampling rate?

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Oct 5 10:54:33 EDT 2016

Dick, to the best of my knowledge, the only Telnet commands implemented
are those shown in the "Telnet Commands" section of the CW Skimmer Help
file - which does not include a sample rate command. The CW Skimmer.ini
file has a section for each type of radio.  The one for the SoftRock
looks like this:

RigNo=1
[sdrSR]
SignalRate=96000
CenterFreq=14040000
CenterOffset=0

Since the ini file specifies the sample rate (signal rate), it should be
possible to create a batch file that would stop the software, edit the
sample rate to a new value, and restart.

You don't mention if you are using one of the multi-band Softrocks, but
if so you might want to look at SkimScan SR by W3OA, to be found at
http://dickwilliams.byethost17.com/SkimScanSR.html?i=1. While it does
not provide for changing the sample rate, it offers the ability to
band-hop on a variety of user-programmed schedules.  It's a very clever
piece of work.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check