[Skimmertalk] Please update Watch.lst to spot new NCDXF beacon KH6RS, replacing KH6WO

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 19 13:32:51 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM, David Robbins <k1ttt at arrl.net> wrote:

> Hmmm, running skimmer server here, added that list to watch.lst, but not
> seeing any beacon spots from my skimmer.  What other settings could stop
> them from being spotted??

In the "Telnet" tab of SkimSrv, disable "Post only CQ Spots" and select
Normal validation.

Adjust the segments to cover the Skimmer frequencies as described at the
bottom of my original post, quoted below.

According to the RBN, the K1TTT skimmer is only covering:

14060~14150
18100~18110
21060~21150
24910~24930
28060~28150

So only the NCDXF 14.100 MHz beacon is in the middle of the covered ranges.

Finally, note that the Aggregator program has a hard-coded list of NCDXF
beacons, so the new KH6RS beacon won't show up in the RBN logs until W3OA
returns from K5P and updates the Aggregator.

If necessary, adjust the CWSegments in your SkimSrv.ini file to include the