[Skimmertalk] CWS and PowerSDR again..

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:20:20 EST 2016

I have the problem, almost solved.  I did also hear from 2-3 other that
have a similar problem.  CW Skimmer works fine with my other SDR radios, so
the issue is specific to Flex radios and probably PowerSDR .  Anyway, after
going back to basics I have it close to working by following instructions.
The only thing remaining to be solved is the fact that when I click on a
 stream within CW Skimmer the Skimmer and PowerSDR frequencies shift
correctly but the desired morse code stream is not close enough to display
in the decode window . However this is random,  2-3 more attempts causes it
to be perfect.  I suspect a polling issue, possibly DDutil or VSPM
related.  Still working on it.
For those with this problem my trouble shooting reveals...
CW Skimmer settings ... Radio= Soft rock-IF. CW Pitch = 600. IF Hz = 9600 .
Sample Rate 4800 .
PowerSDR setting : Sample Rate =4800 . VAC Direct box checked, Calibrate IQ
box checked. IF Hz =9000 (in expert area).

Andy K3UK