[Skimmertalk] How much preamp gain for QS1R?

Dai NAGAKURA ndai at cameo.plala.or.jp
Sat Dec 31 08:48:59 EST 2016

de JF2IWL

I use normal +20dB preamp plus Diamond Antenna's DMAX50 Preamp.
http://www.diamond-ant.co.jp/english/amateur/antenna/ante_7rec.html
It can vary gain from (-)20dB to (+)20dB.

My conclusion is that  around +30dB is the best for QS1R decodes
in my environment.
I insert W3NQN BC Band rejector and RF guard before these.

Well known that  Decord ability is increasing function of
decorder number,
but It's difficult to seek and determine the best position
considering noise ,S/N and so on.

Wish little early HNY to skimmer members from JA.
Dai JF2IWL

Dai NAGAKURA <ndai at cameo.plala.or.jp>