[Skimmertalk] Couple of questions

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Dec 19 23:18:54 EST 2016

Thanks Wes.

I have run my CW skimmer on and off for years.  I just put it back on
the air a while back.  I was asked about adding RTTY from a local RTTY
big gun.

I obviously had never paid any attention to the 160 decoders before.
The computer handles the CW just fine but as soon as I turn on the RTTY
server I get the overload message on the skimserver.

Can I run the RTTY skimmer on just a couple of bands while CW on 7 bands
with the QSR1 or does it not work that way.  Right now the RTTY decoder
is trying to decode on 80,40,30,20,15 and 10....

I used the setup guide that I think Pete made for CW and RTTY with the
QSR1.  I need to get that other computer going and see what processor it
has.  This computer it is on now is a 4 cord amd 3.5 ghz  cpu but it is
pretty old.

Thanks all for the quick replies!

W0MU