[Skimmertalk] Couple of questions

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Dec 19 21:46:56 EST 2016

I have a QSR1 and have broadcast band filter on my antenna which
currently is a Cushcraft R8 10-40m.  I am getting over 100 to 200
decoders on 160 cw???  Is there something I need to do with the receiver
to adjust the noise level or something?  I turned off 160 and then I
started seeing decoders popping on 15m and the band is dead. I restarted
the QSR1 and that seemed to stop the 15m issue but the 160 one continues
to grow.

I attempted to run an RTTY skimmer on the same computer but it appears
to be under powered to handle the task.  It is an older quad core with
16 GB of ram.  Adding in the RTTY component was killer.    I guess I
will try one of my son's older gaming rigs which I think is an I7 and
see if that can handle the load.  I checked my ini files and they are in
sync.  Is there anything else to check before attempt to load up the
other machine.  I am using the 30 day trial of the the RTTYserver.  That
should not be an issue should it?

Thanks for the help

W0MU