[Skimmertalk] QS1R replacement

Martin Rath martin.rath at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:09:09 EST 2015

Hi,

I would certainly be interested by a second 8-10 bands at this price
point.  While I'm sure there is a good reason for using 5V it would be much
more convenient if it could run off 12V like all my other ham gadgets. I
have wanted to take it with me to Europe during the summer when I go on
holidays but the idea of having to carry yet another power source turned me
off from doing so ..

Also and this may be more related to Skimmer Server than to the QS1R I
would welcome the option to be able to have a GPU do some off the hard work
rather than the computer main CPU. I still use an overclocked i2500k and
with CW and RTTY Skimmer running at the same time it becomes painful to use
this computer for another task at the same time. A device that could skim
more bands would push that even more (and I'm located in south East Asia
with small RX antennas so I can imagine how bad it would be in Europe /
US). I could certainly upgrade my PC but that would mean new CPU/Mobo/RAM.
Just adding a GPU card would me much easier.

73's de Martin 9V1RM