[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Advice (K3 IF issues)

Mark n2qt n2qt.va at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:09:21 EST 2015

If you want it is possible to bring out the IF on the K3 subrx.  You can then run this through
an LP/CWskimer set up in fixed tune mode, allowing up to 192 kHz.  You must tell cwskimmer
what the subrx is tuned to, +/- and offsets or mode adjustments.  Then don't tune the subrx,
rather click through the cwskimmer waterfall display.  This way you can set the subrx
to another band especially if using either a multiband antenna or if you use the separate
antenna input for the sub RX.

You do have to be careful to set everything correctly. I typically do this for either 6 or 160
when I'm just interested in that one band.

The if out mod was written up in NCJ but is available on line as well at

http://www.pvrc.org/Newsletters/jun12.pdf

Mark. N2QT