[Skimmertalk] NA5NN and CW Skimmer

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:16:09 EST 2015

I noticed during the CW Sweepstakes Contest that a number of
different call signs were being posted by CW Skimmers on NA5NN's
CQ frequency.  These were definitely Skimmer posts, and not some
kind of inadvertent self-post by NA5NN.  I had spotter state
filter set to UT, AZ, NV, and CA, and various skimmers in these
states were making the posts.  I listened to NA5NN's macros for a
while, and didn't see anything unusual.

Is there some way to run a retro analysis to see what was going
on there, or any other thoughts?  Is there something unusual in
the dot/dash pattern of NA5NN that might confuse a skimmer?

By the way, the Skimmers generally worked beautifully in SS.
Thanks to all for all the hard work.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ