[Skimmertalk] CWSkimmer problem after install

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Thu Mar 19 07:28:11 EDT 2015

create a shortcut with the run-as admin as the default or turn off uac.

Mar 19, 2015 06:44:38 AM, dan.ziolkowski at gmail.com wrote:

Hello-

I was hoping to get help on this problem with CW skimmer, I contacted the
author ALEX VE3NEA, but he is unable to resolve the issue, and says it's
never been reported before.

I installed the trial version, and when I run CW skimmer I get an error:

Access violation at address 0040DD3 in module 'cwskimmer.exe'

Read of address 00000000

Alex thinks some sort of Windows security issue. Running Win7, in a user
account.

NO error is I run as Admin.

I went through all Afreet, CWskimmer, OmniRig folders both in program files
and App data. Found and fixed a few folders to FULL CONTROL.

Still have error

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan KC2STA

--