[Skimmertalk] More good things in Aggregator 4.0

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Mar 1 10:10:41 EST 2015

In my message yesterday, I left out a couple of key improvements:

Agg 4.0 adds the ability to schedule ini file rotations depending on
local sunrise and sunset, automatically computed for you. You can set
the rotation to occur up to 5 hours before or after local sunrise or
sunset.  Ini file rotation works with RTTY Skimmer Server as the primary
Skimmer or with CW Skimmer Server as Primary and RTTY Skimmer Server in
Secondary Skimmer slot 8.

Agg 4.0 also adjusts the timestamps of spots sent to the server by
reference to NTPfor best accuracy. Your computer's clock is *not*
reset.  This enables us to monitor delays in spot transmission and
handling much more closely than with previous Aggregators, so it would
be helpful if as many Skimmers as possible begin using Aggregator 4.0 soon.

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
For spots, please go to your favorite