[Skimmertalk] Signals but no decode today

KD7YZ kd7yz at denstarfarm.us
Wed Feb 4 10:56:53 EST 2015

On 04-Feb-2015,  Pete (N4ZR)  sent :

> I would be willing to bet that you have "Decode only in CW Segments"
> checked in Skimmer. Since 8 MHz is not a CW segment...

Perfect!  You're  a  treasure-trove  of  info  for  yo-yo's  like  me.
Decoding now.

> I use my LP-Pan 2 (which amounts to a fixed-frequency SDR) on Skimmer's
> Softrock-IF option, and connect to the K3 using Omnirig.  That way
> Skimmer tracks the frequency to which VFOA  of the K3 is tuned.  I think
> you probably need to do that, and use some other program to set the
> SDR-IQ to the IF frequency, and then things should make sense.

There  was a Commander to Skimmer that I once used IIRC . However, as
I  remember,  I  had  to  use  Virtual  Serial  Port Emulator (which I
bought).  This  VSPE  causes random crashes and still does if I try to
let more than one program look at the K3.

NTL,  I  will.  immediately,  try to work Omni-Rig with the K3, as you
suggested, and see where I get.

thanks again!

Bob KD7YZ
http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ