[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Data Load?

Ron W7FIA fia at clouddancer.com
Mon Aug 3 20:51:26 EDT 2015

> From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs at wi.rr.com>
> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 19:41:17 -0500
>
> Does anyone know what the data usage is from a skimmer source like VE7CC
> on a heavy weekend like CQWW CW?  This is something I've always wanted
> to ballpark but I always forget to look before/after the contest?

Something to guess off of might be the size of the csv file from RBN
on a contest day, for instance first day of CW WPX on 30 May is 187
Meg in size and contains 2949875 lines.

So multiply by some estimate of connected users getting that data and
it easily can get to a few hundred Gig of network traffic.  Best to
have a land line for that.