[Skimmertalk] [RBN-OPS] N0CALL

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Apr 12 09:31:15 EDT 2015

Hi Torsten, and others, who wrote about this.  I'm embarrassed to say
that I had forgotten that CW Skimmer Server has default values of N0CALL
and XX88 on its Operator tab, so if someone forgets to change that in
their installation, that "call" will be sent with their spots.

As soon as we can, we'll be blocking that call from further spotting, so
that hopefully those who have not put their own calls and grids in CW
SkimServ will be motivated to do so. The only reason for my hedging on
"when" is that Felipe, our server guru, is traveling in Portugal and has
only limited access to the Internet. In the meantime, users may want to
block the call on your Telnet clients

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,