[Skimmertalk] SSB + Skimmer idea

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Wed Dec 10 08:51:11 EST 2014

Most of that can be handled by specifications required to be used in the
transmitter in order to be spotted.
1. require specific fixed cw speed.  This simiplifies the skimmer problem
since it doesn't have to figure out the speed
2. require specific tone frequency in the audio.  This should make the
proper frequency to spot obvious.
3. require a 'cq' or 'test' in the message to satisfy the keyword
requirement of the skimmer software
4. require the cw only be sent with your cq voice recording
5. skimmers already can filter so they have to hear the same call two or
more times on the same frequency

The bandwidth of skimmers can be increased as hardware improves so wider
bands can be covered, or periodic scanning of bandsegments as is already
possible with the aggregator ini file switcher could be used.  And of course
the throughput of the rbn will have to be increased regularly as more
skimmers come on line anyway, the rtty skimmer server would be only a small
blip compared to what might be possible with voice mode skimmers!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net