[Skimmertalk] Self-spotting by your own skimmer

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Dec 7 07:23:40 EST 2014

Hi Jeff.  Actually, it was intended to forestall people raising the
self-spotting issuewhen they saw spots of K8ND *by* K8ND, regardless of
whether the charge had any merit.  The issue of false spots (on the RBN
anyway) caused by images was addressed in the Aggregator by a "Bad Calls
List>"  That was necessary to deal with things like RK3LR and LW3LPL, as
well as all the other mangling caused by overload.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.