[Skimmertalk] Self-spotting by your own skimmer

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 6 19:12:04 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Trent Sampson <vk4ts at outlook.com> wrote:

> I have asked the CQWW Committee for clarification but have received
> nothing back for this weekends contest.
> Does Any one know Is there a requirement for a Skimmer that is attached to
> the RBN operated by one of the ops of a Multi op to NOT display the multi
> ops Callsign ? ie filter it out ?

Trent,

If your own local (or nearby) skimmer is spotting your call (or your
station) just about every time you call CQ, I think that would clearly be a
violation of the following, from the official rules
<http://cqww.com/rules.htm>:

*IX. GENERAL RULES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:*

   1.
      2. <snip>
      3.
      4. Self-spotting or asking to be spotted is not permitted.

One can argue over the lack of a precise definition, but the intent of the
rule is pretty clear.