[Skimmertalk] RBN Stats

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Nov 25 08:42:30 EST 2013

The RBN's throughput in this weekend's contest set an all-new high,
averaging about 33 spots per second from 110-120 Skimmers
simultaneously.   We made 2.8 million spots on Saturday and 2.9 million
on Sunday

The DX Spider telnet server ran as much as 35 minutes behind on
Saturday, but did not crash, while the AR Cluster V6 server ran smoothly
and on time all weekend, so far as we can tell.  First priority will be
finding a solution for the telnet.reversebeacon.net Telnet node before
spring.

Any feedback will be very welcome - direct e-mail please, so as not to
clog the reflector.  In particular, did you use filtering, including the
CT1BOH Skimmer quality filters on AR Cluster V6?  How did they work for you?

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
For spots, please go to your favorite