[Skimmertalk] disabling USB connection

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jun 23 21:11:48 EDT 2013

Yep, been there, and been doing that for years, Bob - in my setup, PTT
removes voltage from the active antenna, which opens a relay to the
whip, and also removes DC from my preamp.  That protects the hardware
just fine, and in my case, where the transmitting antennas are ~500 ft
from the RX antenna, and ~200 feet from the RX itself, is quite
adequate. I asked the question more for the guy whoseSkimmer antenna and
TX antennas are within 50 feet of each other.

In fact, the RBN Aggregator already does this in software with a "bad
call list".

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,