[Skimmertalk] Funcube Dongle

STEPHEN BUNTING stephen.bunting at virgin.net
Mon Jun 3 09:20:31 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

Just to wrap up my own thread about the Funcube Dongle Pro+ - DJ3AK helped
me with the set up and it effectively runs as a Softrock with
a specialized sound card. Easy when you know how. I use the aggregator to
add an offset so that the correct frequency is reported to the RBN

The system has been running for a few days now and seems very sensitive for
a cheap receiver. I have a large amount of man made noise on 6m as I live
in suburban London, so I have had to set Skimmer to Aggressive to make sure
that I don't publish lots of false reports. This reduces overall
effectiveness on weak signals but I guess it is better to be accurate.

Overall, I'd recommend this as an all in one route to skimming on the VHF
bands.

73
Steve
M0BPQ