[Skimmertalk] skimmer / ham station coexistence

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Tue Feb 26 07:23:42 EST 2013

the location of the sdr itself makes no difference.  Put an antenna as far away from your others as possible.  i use a 20-25' vertical with just a couple radials on the ground and it does fine, if it is spotting something then its definately workable.  i also have a receiver protector and 10db preamp in front of it.  oh, and if you are sending spots to the rbn be sure to lock your own call out so you don't spot yourself all over the bands.