[Skimmertalk] What causes audio images with QS1Rs?

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Feb 24 09:53:18 EST 2013

Hi Paul.

Yes, I'm in correspondence with the two - only two - QS1R-equipped
Skimmers that showed this problem.  Both are savvy ops, and both use
2-amp or better supplies - in fact, one of them uses a 5V bench supply.
QS1Rs have been sold to users outside the US for some time with 2-amp,
universal input voltage supplies.

The bandwidth thing is interesting - worth asking.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.