[Skimmertalk] [RBN-OPS] What causes audio images with QS1Rs?

Rick Kiessig kiessig at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:07:18 EST 2013

Have you looked at the signals with SDRMAX V, both zoomed-in and in the
wideband display?

Any chance it could be related to interference / front-end overload from
broadcast stations? With my setup, I was seeing wideband noise and spurious
spots from B/C stations before I installed a B/C filter.

With SDRMAX V running, do you see the clipping light come on? The Skimmer
FPGA code doesn't light up the clip light in the same way, so you'll get
more accurate info while running SDRMAX V.

You might also ping Phil N8VB and/or the QS1R reflector. Phil's support has
generally been excellent.

73, Rick ZL2HAM