[Skimmertalk] Spots without calling CQ

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Feb 18 12:04:11 EST 2013

if the skimmer hears a 'cq' followed by a callsign 2 or 3 times on the same frequency within some short time period it may not be able to distinguish between which station sent the cq and the callsign that it heard, even if that station was calling the station that sent the cq... this is 'relatively' rare when you consider the number of stations  that may be answering a
single cq, there are various filters built into the skimmer software but they can still be confused.  if you see it regularly from a particular skimmer you might want to contact the operator and make sure their software is up to date... i think the latest updates resolved many of those problems.