[Skimmertalk] PC with 2 SDR and 1 CW skimmer. Possible

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Aug 21 16:45:36 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Gabriel - EA6VQ <ea6vq_ml at dxmaps.com>wrote:

> I plan to add a second FCD+ for dedicated AIS reception, but I wonder if I
> could have problems with CW-Skimmer not detecting the right SDR at
> automatic
> startup.
>
> Anyone has experience with a PC with more than one SDR connected?

Yes, I have a Perseus and a QS1R on the same PC.

>From the CW Skimmer Help text:

Multiple instances of CW Skimmer can run simultaneously and process data
from multiple receivers. By default, all instances read their settings from
the CwSkimmer.ini file in the CwSkimmer folder. To ensure that each
instance works with its own receiver, a different INI file can be specified
for each instance on the command line:

*CwSkimmer.exe ini="C:\MyIniFile.ini"*

So you can create two shortcuts (icons), each one specifying a different
ini file.  *The ini file name must be fully qualified*, e.g. you would set
the shortcut's "Target" to:

"C:\Program Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.exe" ini="C:\Program
Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer\FunCube1.ini"

(*with* the quotes) in one shortcut, and to

"C:\Program Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.exe" ini="C:\Program
Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer\FunCube2.ini"

in the other shortcut, where FunCube1.ini is a copy of your current
CwSkimmer.ini (as a starting point).