[Skimmertalk] Active Antenna

Martin Rath martin.rath at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:25:52 PDT 2012

Dear Pete, Dear John, Dear Larry, Dear all !

I have received a few answers on and off the list. Thanks a lot to all of
you.

I would definitely favor the Cliftonlab whip over the loop not only because
of the cost but also because of the lower visual impact the loop has. I
have played with transmission loops in the past and what I remember is the
extremly sharp B/W : great of course to get rid of the noise (especially in
Singapore !) but not for broadband RX !

I will order a Cliftonlab this week and will maybe try to home build a
PA0RDT for the low bands as well. I will try to get the pre-amp as your
recomendended Pete and fit it in the same enclosure as the receiver.

Thanks again for your support and I look forward to share more RBN spots !

Best 73's de Martin 9V1RM