[Skimmertalk] WZ7I Skimmer back online - problem wasn't QS1R

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 05:59:14 PDT 2012

The WZ7I Skimmer near Philadelphia is back online.  Phil Covington was
remarkably fast in testing the QS1R and found it was fine.

It appears that the electrical storm somehow caused corruption of the
Windows XP USB controller software.  I deleted the controllers in the
Device Manager, rebooted, plugged in the QS1R and Windows reinstalled
the controllers and everything worked.

It was confusing because after the storm SDRMax appeared to "sort of"
work except that there was poor sensitivity and no audio.  Even
Skimmer Server appeared to work but sent out no spots.

The data is available at cw.wz7i.com:7300 or the RBN system.

Wes, WZ7I