[Skimmertalk] Help--What's Going On?

Mark n2qt n2qt at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 10:37:16 PDT 2012

The call detection algorithm can be a bit fussy.   I watched vp9/wa4pgm roll
in on
6M for ages with a good signal and good decoding on screen.  However he was
never
spotted with the full call, just a couple of times with wa4pgm.  I added
vp9/wa4pgm
to the watch list (which does seem to help with the /B beacons) but still
nothing.
I had the skimmer set to aggressive, a second skimmer running normal did
much
better, but also has more busted spots than I feel comfortable putting out
on the RBN.
Alex said he used a call history file to develop his algorithm so it seems
likely that
the more uncommon call structures have a higher decode threshold.

Mark n2qt