[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer Error Message:

jmaass at k8nd.com jmaass at k8nd.com
Mon Jan 30 17:08:52 PST 2012

  Dave:

  I bow and touch my sweaty forehead to your feet, several times!

  Sure enough, changed the MME device (which seem to be assigned to a
webcam on this PC) to WDM, and there was no eror message and normal
Skimmer operation when I started CW Skimmer!

  Since I never intended to use Skimmer on this PC with audio, I didn't
pay any attention to the Audio configuration. I will not make that
error again.

  Now I can travel back to Ohio satisfied that there are no mysteries
left at this site to be pondered until my return here.

  (BTW, I made good use of WinTelnetX this past weekend, too, to
combine the spots from two instances of Skimmer on my laptop and make
them available to Writelog's "Incoming-only packet" window: thanks!)

  73,  Jeff K8ND