[Skimmertalk] software to manage raw data files

Mark Bailey kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 07:10:00 PST 2012

The GnuUtils package has a program called "split" which will split a
single file (in this case, a large .csv file) into chunks of any number
of lines.

You can install GnuUtils from the "Setup" link on
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm

"c:\program files\Gnuwin\bin" has to be in the path.

split -l 1000000 20120218.csv

will split the csv file into chunks of 1000000 lines.  Excel can read
those.  The files end up with names like "xaa", "xab", etc..

73,

Mark, KD4D