[Skimmertalk] 6m spots to RBN

N6EV - Paul Carreiro Paul at N6EV.com
Sat Apr 21 11:31:30 PDT 2012

Trevor,
That is correct.  RBN is accepting all inputs on 6 meters, which
allows beacons to be spotted.  RBN will determine if a non-CQing
station is in the beacon band, and if so, report it as a beacon.

I have my RB node monitoring 50.000 to 50.127 reporting all stations
heard with normal callsign validation.  Unfortunately, it still kicks
out an occasional false spot.  Case in point, this morning during the
1200Z hour, my node spotted an EA4 CQing twice with 1dB signal.  An
impossible propagation path right. It looks like it decoded a random
local digital stream to a valid callsign.   I could add the frequency
to the notch list, but it's right in the middle of our beacon band
here, and happens to be a popular spot, so I'd end up masking quite a
few potential beacons.  I may bump the aggregator back up to
aggressive validation.

73
Paul  N6EV
http://www.N6EV.com/