[Skimmertalk] How did your Skimmer Server computer do in CQWW

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Nov 29 04:40:00 PST 2011

The reason for the RBN's transmission of duplicate spots is simply to
permit users to make their own decisions about which spots to use.  Both
of the RBN Telnet servers provide filtering by spotter location, and the
ARC server employs a "Unique>2" filter that does not forward a spot
unless at least 3 Skimmers have heard it; taken together with spotter
location, this seems to work well to keep the volume actually arriving
at the user's computer to a manageable level.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000