[Skimmertalk] How did your Skimmer Server computer do in CQWW

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Nov 29 04:35:42 PST 2011

I agree - this is very useful data.  Makes me wonder how many spots we
could have delivered on the RBN if Skimmers were not throttled by CPU
capacity.

I was away over the weekend - drat! - but my Skimmer continued to run
throughout.  I second Dave's idea that a log of CPU usage and number of
decoders vs time would be useful.

For the record, I am using a puny E2200 dual core Pentium with 1.75 GB
of RAM (.25 used by the onboard video).  I typically run 96 KHz
bandwidth on 7 bands, and doubt that this machine would support even
1000 decoders.  For the contest weekend I was running on the contest
bands only, 160-10.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000