[Skimmertalk] How did your Skimmer Server computer do in CQWW

Tom Berry tberry1 at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 28 08:53:10 PST 2011

First let me compliment you Wes on the number of spots you were spotting.

I may have had 1500 decoders at a maximum when I would check it
periodically.  the CPU usage was only 35% or so.

  I was busy trying to maximize my setup most of the time.  I am using
the Cliffton Labs active antenna and a QS1R with no preamp.

I did bury the coax which is 100 feet from the house.  I have a common
mode choke in line also.

One problem I did see was that not all my spots were being reported to
RBN.  I was monitoring it on my Aggressor list and VE7CC.   The spots
coming from VE7CC were far short of the one I saw in Aggressor.  I had
the "only spot CQ" set on.

My CPU is 2.8 gHz and running Win 7 64 bit.

73 Tom AA4VV